AIRTEC Motorsport are proud to introduce the front mount intercooler upgrade for the VAG MQB EA888.3 platform.
This freer-flowing intercooler is a direct replacement for the smaller and more restrictive OEM set up.
Fits the following vehicles:
- Volkswagen Golf Mk7/7.5 R – 2.0 TSI
- Volkswagen Golf Mk7/7.5 GTI incl. Clubsport and Clubsport S – 2.0 TSI
- Seat Leon Cupra 265/280/300 – 2.0 TSI
- Seat Leon – 1.9/2.0 TSI
- Audi S3 8V (Hatchback and Saloon variants) – 2.0 TSI
- Audi TTS 8S – 2.0 TSI
- Audi TT 8S – 1.8/2.0 TSI
- Audi A3 8V – 1.8/2.0 TSI
- Skoda Octavia VRS – 2.0 TSI
Featuring a 63mm core design together with high-flow cast end tanks, the AIRTEC intercooler offers a much greater surface area, efficiency and volume over standard. Despite this improvement, it fits neatly behind the original bumper and requires no trimming or cutting.
As with all AIRTEC products, the intercooler was tested back-to-back on the dyno against the OEM item. This showed a huge reduction in air charge temperatures over standard.
The test car was fitted with a Cobra cat-back exhaust system and running Revo Stage 1 software.
Stock intercooler temps reduce to an average of 64 degrees and peak at 68 degrees (after 5 back-to-back runs).
On the Stage 1 Revo software, the car struggled to produce a peak power increase of 40bhp, due to the restrictive and inefficient OEM VW intercooler being unable to cool the intake temperatures effectively.
With the AIRTEC intercooler fitted, the IAT saw a huge drop of 120 degrees, keeping temps much closer to ambient temperature and proving to be more reliable run after run. This gave a huge increase in performance, shown by the dyno test results below.
AmD Tuning dyno
336.1bhp – 350.9 lb ft of torque
Power: 371.8bhp – 352.9 lb/ft
All research, design and development carried out at AIRTEC HQ in the UK by the team of fabricators and engineers. Extensive UK track days and multiple trips to the Nürburgring complete the comprehensive development and testing programme. AIRTEC strive to put all of their products through a gruelling test procedure so they can focus on ensuring they are nothing but the very best quality, delivering you the best performance on the road and track.
Capacity: 9.1 litres
Frontal area: 25,320cm²
AIRTEC Motorsport intercooler
Capacity: 16.4 litres
Frontal area: 26,000cm²
- Specifically designed for the E888.3 platform
- 80% increase in overall capacity in comparison to original
- Increase in frontal area over standard
- Huge increase in cooling ability
- High-flow, one-piece cast end tanks
- Pro Hoses silicone boost pipes included
- Powder coated black finish
- Includes fittings and fixtures
- Detailed fitting guide included